Sunday, October 16, 2011

It's been a while.

This month has been full of literal ridiculessness.

My son's intelligence has spiked up a little bit. I mean a lot of bit. I think it's safe to say he secretly eavsdrops on conversations I have with people while talking to adults. He asks about things that I talk about with friends later on in the day. It's kind of hilarious.

He's also more observant. Such as this conversation:

B: Mommy. Rake the leaves back into a pile!
M: B, I;m talking, you do it, you're better at it.
B: But I'm not a giiirl!

I'm pretty sure the reasoning behind that is he sees I'm doing all this raking so only girls can rake, obviously. Let's put two and two together now. What kid understands that kind of stuff? Maybe many do and I'm just crazy. On the other hand, it's prbably a good thing that he thinks girls do a lot of work, huh? Then that way he won't think girls are weak! AhHa! I just put two and two together myself. Like mother like son...? Is that a saying?

Negotians are an all around conversation in and of itself also these days. Take for instance, how he wanted to play baseball in the house so I explained to him we couldn't and that we could putt the ball into a box instead...here is how he tried to change my mind...

B: Mommy...how bout we do this...
M: Okay, what is it?
B: I stand here, you stand over there and throw the ball to me and I hit it into the box.

Um...really? Is that baseball or is that baseball? Eventually it turned into him yelling  NOOOO!! Like it was the end of the world so I sat him in timeout. Oh man, the time outs these days! A least 3 a week now. I know, I know..that's good compared to others. Still bad to go from none to that.

Speaking of compared to others, when you're thinking you're having a bad day, do me a favor and watch SUPERNANNY and then tell me how you feel. There are days or weeks where I want to boot my child out the window but then I watch that show and realize he is an angel baby! Man did I get lucky.

Lucky.
Motherhood.
Eating cakebatter on his 3rd birthday this past June!

No comments:

Post a Comment