Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hospital visit

Fastest visit ever!

Saturday we ended up taking B to the hospital at night. Turns out he had a double ear infection! Wait, should I back up?

Block party was Saturday and although he was feeling pretty yuck, he still enjoyed himself. Playing in bouncy castle, running around, had a doughnut. By 6pm though, without warning, he just turned. It was crazy. So upset, screaming for no reason. Turns out his ears were killing him. Gave him tylenol then he passed out for an hour and ahalf. Woke up and was screaming.

Back to the hospital visit. Double ear infection but now all is better!

WELL!

Went to the gym yesterday with him and this is a conversation him and a caretaker had:

Caretaker: Now what was with all that?
B: Whaaaat??
C: All that crying for mommy? You love it here!!
B: [bursts out laughing]

You would think after being cuddled and loved on for a week straight (because he was sick) that he would be okay today. B was a terror! I have never heard so much yelling in my life. Although, he's playing the "I'm sick" card a whole lot when it's convenient for him. For example:

Me: You need to share your trucks with Z. That's why we brought them.
B: Nooo. It's gonna make me sick if I do!

Like really? If it were that easy to get sick, would I force you to be sharing your toys all of the time? I tell ya. Some things that come out of his mouth to benefit himself is crazy. Again:

Me: Z if you would like some Mac and Cheese I made, you're welcome too.
Z: Ok. Can I have some?
B: Nooo. It's for me.
M: B, there is enough for both of you, you won't eat the whole box.
B: Oh yes I will!

Needless to say, Z ended up having a bowl of Mac and Cheese and Benjamin was delighted to let him have some.

He also had longest time out ever today too: FIVE MINUTES. Now in toddlerism, that is about five years. Ugh. I mean come on. If your child is yelling at you all day long for no reason AND when you pick him up to put him in time out head butts you, I think you would do it too. Not sure if the head butting was on purpose or on accident (I went with on purpose because well....he was screaming bloody murder).Did I mention that I was working (my babysitting job) all day? So his tantrums weren't helping. Weren't even at our own house.

Ugh. Bed time couldn't have come soon enough. 7:30pm and he was in bed...INSTANTLY!

Headache.
Motherhood.
Tantrum photo from the pool this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment