Wednesday, September 28, 2011

36 hours.

This probably isn't healthy.

Spenind 24 hours away from B is a nightmare. Spending more than 24 hours away from B is a bigger nightmare. Spending a total of (by Thursday night) 58 hours is the biggest nightmare ever.

He got really sick Tuesday morning so the hubby and I met halfway between here and where he lives for work and I dropped B with him. Last night was brutal. Tonight is a little more bearable. By tomorrow night when he gets home I will be at the point where I want him in my bed. Thankfully, I was able to work these past two days while my husband has him. I know he's in safe hands and is being taken care of, but it's the motherly instinct that kicks in whenever I'm away from him or he's away. It's that list. I fear something will happen to him and I'm not there to help him or comfort him.

I'll tell you this. I do thank the Lord that, being young parents, we have stayed together unlike so many young couples out there. Don't know what I would do if we had to do a custody thing. I love both my boys.

On the upside of being away from him, I have been able to speak to him on the phone and we have had some fun conversations! Specifically one that went on tonight.

His favorite thing ever to do is push the END button when we're done talking on the phone with his dad and of course in the end he also like pushing the button whe nhe's on the phone with him. After we hung up the first time they called me back immediately:

Me: Hello?
B: *crying* I didn't get to push the button
Me: Oh okay buddy. Goodnight, I love you.
B: Goodnight...lahve you. (how he says love)
Husband: Did you push the button?
B: Yeah
H: Okay. You have to go poop?
B: Yeah
H: Okay. We're almost home
Me: Uh...push the button buddy!
B&H: Hysterical laughing.

Oh my word. It was so good to hear him laughing so much. The last time I saw him he looked miserable because he hadn't eaten in about 24 hours and was throwig up all morning. I'm so happy he's healthy again.

Although, it's the second Viral Infection of the stomach he had in 2 months. Scares me, but I guess if it happens again in 2 months, I'll have to be really concerned and talk to the doctor about it.

Healthy.
Motherhood.

Did this on his own last winter.
He likes his things in order.
Gets OCD about it almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment