Thursday, September 15, 2011

4th times a charm?

Here we go again.

You would think after being firmly told the first time it wouldn't happen again. Or being firmly told, timed out, and talked to extensively about it wouldn't happen again. Or being yelled at by mommy and daddy it wouldn't happen again.

But it did! It happened again. My son graciously threw about his clothes again in his room. Necessary yet again. At this point, I should have just found a dresser for cheap and thrown it in there. But alas! We have 3 dressers at my husband's apartment (living away during week for work (marines)) so I didn't want to spend money on a cheap used dresser. Pointless money wasting.

Our conversation afterward was just crazy. No words exchanged for the first 20 minutes. He sat on the step for his timeout. He sat and whined and tried to get my attention. Now being the great mother that I am, I ignored him. Is that wrong of me? I don't know, but what I do know is that he eventually stopped and waited patiently for me to finish picking up HIS mess.

I would normally make him pick up messes, but this mess is just to hard to handle. Having to refold all the clothes is one issue and then putting them on shelves. Instead of having him (which we all know wouldn't have gone over well), I made him pick up all his underwear and socks and put them away properly. Did I mention I threw them all over the room? Now that's just down right ridiculous of me and I've never done it before. I just got to the point of serious frustration and just did it on impulse.

He also decided to become naked boy, stripped down to his birthday suit.

Sigh.
Motherhood.
That's what I opened door to after son's "nap" #isitbedtimeyet?

No comments:

Post a Comment