Sunday, September 18, 2011

Coming out on top

Strong willed women.

I just finished reading an article about four women who coped with the stress of having children and every day life by drinking. Not only did I feel for these mothers (being a stay-at-home-mom and all) but it made me want to give all the stay-at-home-moms a big hug and pat on the back for the work we do every single day. I know plenty ladies that are home all day with one, two, or three kids. It's a tough job, but someon has to do it and that someone is us mothers out there.

Don't get me wrong, the mother's that work and then go home to deal with children, dinner, and cleaning are just as recognizable as the ones that are at home. Some of the ladies within the article also went to work and came home and dealt with their own families.

The whole article just inspires me to want to be a great mother even on the days that I too could use a glass of wine or three. But the stories these women shared are amazing and although I don't know them, I'm proud of them for going through what they went through and coming out a stronger woman.

Here is the article link.
http://www.redbookmag.com/kids-family/advice/alcoholic-mom

Enjoy.
Motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment